Double Century(R)/Zwift(R) Challenge
Following the successful hosting of the Uwe Koetter RISE challenge, aimed at individual efforts, we turn our focus in this next challenge to team efforts.
Simply join the Uwe Koetter Meet-Ups on Zwift, show us what you are made of and stand a chance to take part in the Coronation Double Century as a member of the Uwe Koetter team. Not interested in participating in a DC team? Simply join us for the rides!
Grab your shoes, ‘dumb’ or smart trainer, headphones and let’s go (find out more about what you need here)! O yes, and don’t worry too much about being fast (or slow). We’ll be riding with Zwift’s ‘keep together’ function activated so no one will get left behind (or will be able to speed away).
Find the calendar here.
Ensure you rank in the top 12 competitors at the end of the challenge.
Open to all non-professional riders over 19 years of age with access to a trainer, Zwift and a Strava account.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The challenge will take place on Zwift(R) between 1 April 2020 and 30 September 2020.
- Points are earned during weekly meetups on Zwift, hosted by the 2019 Rise by Uwe Koetter challenge winner and team captain, Murray Craib.
- Your Zwift account has to be connected to Strava.
- You have to connect your Strava account to the Uwe Koetter site below to allow us access to your data.
- Each meetup will have goal/target and points are awarded based on your achievement of this goal on a sliding scale. Values closer to the target will achieve higher points.
- All competitors will be ranked on a combination of performance (30%), commitment (30%) and teamwork (40%).
- Heart-rate straps are compulsory during rides. Rides without straps will not earn points.
The Judges’ Decisions are Final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
- An Indoor Trainer
- A Zwift Account (https://zwift.com/)
- A Strava Account (https://strava.com/)
- Discord App (https://discordapp.com/), used for in-game chatting (join the voice/text channel here)
- Headphones (with a built in microphone, ideally)
Your trainer can be smart or dumb trainer. Dumb trainers without power meters need to have a speed sensor. Don’t worry too much, we’ll help you get set up.
An individual entry to the 2020 Double Century as a member of the Uwe Koetter team*.
Spot prizes of Uwe Koetter kit including bibs, jerseys, socks and jackets as well as Zwift(R) memberships.
*Subject to the event going ahead.
Step 1: Complete the form below
Step 2: Connect your Strava account
Step 3: Enter some personal details
Step 4: Follow Uwe Koetter on Zwift and join Club Z by Uwe Koetter on Strava
Step 5: Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the leaderboard, prizes, sponsorships and future events.
The nature of the challenge requires us to access and verify your activities. Please connect with Strava below and allow us read access.
NOTE! If you have connected your account for the Hero Night Series or Flatrock Festival, you DO NOT need to connect your account again (in fact, you will get an error ;)).
Go on, hit that share button and challenge someone!